Generally, you are required to report a transaction that consists in whole or in part of the sale or exchange for money, indebtedness, property, or services of any present or future ownership interest in any of the following.
- Improved or unimproved land, including air space.
- Inherently permanent structures, including any residential, commercial, or industrial building.
- A condominium unit and its appurtenant fixtures and common elements, including land.
- Stock in a cooperative housing corporation (as defined in section 216).
- Any non-contingent interest in standing timber.
Most title companies’ hand these out at closing and e-file at the end of the year. We currently partner with TitleFusion powered by Accutitle.